Here’s a quick – and we think definitive – answer to today’s above-posed blog post query: lots.
When it comes to business matters that preoccupy entrepreneurs and established commercial principals, tax considerations are unquestionably on the short list of top-tier concerns.
The reasons why are obvious, of course. Sound tax planning and effective business management go hand in hand. Company managers that think about tax issues in a proactive and forward-thinking manner can optimally identify/plan for future contingencies and take fullest advantage of commercial opportunities.
And the downsides relevant to tardiness or a failure to act are equally on display. Legions of businesses in the Washington, D.C., metro area and across Northern Virginia and the rest of the country rue their lack of foresight regarding tax oversight and planning.
Proven tax planners in an experienced business law firm help individuals, commercial entities and nonprofit organizations focus on and develop smart tax strategies that drive positive outcomes while dampening risk and liability concerns. Here are just some of the many things that practiced legal advocates can help company principals with:
- Timely identifying tax issues and resolving them before they become material
- Structuring transactions in the most tax-friendly manner possible
- Developing profitable tax-deferral strategies
- Crafting executive payment plans entailing tax concerns
- Providing tax-linked guidance from the business formation stage to litigation that might result
- Advocating aggressively in legal contests before administrative bodies, state/federal courts and the IRS
Smart tax strategy and positive business results are closely linked. A seasoned legal team with a demonstrated record of tax-linked advocacy for valued clients can provide further information.